Ladybug

Monday, January 31, 2011

Change is hard...but exciting.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I had my pre-op and nutritionist appointments this morning. I think I'm a little overwhelmed. I definitely started to panic on my way from the doctor to work, but I was able to get past it. I think I'm good to go now!

I'm starting my pre-op diet tomorrow. It is mostly a liquid diet. Two protein shakes and one serving of either broth based soup or cottage cheese. You can even have "chunks" in the soup. So that will be good. It is going to be super hard. I don't know why I thought it would only be one week of liquid diet. Oh well, maybe I will lose my holiday weight before I actually have the surgery. That would be excellent!!

I keep thinking about how ridiculously hungry I'm going to be. But then I think I can do most anything for two weeks.

I actually told several of my employees today. I wasn't planning to tell most of work, but we were discussing me been out and I was asked specifically what surgery I was having. I started talking about how it was stomach surgery, no big deal. But then I realized that I love these people so I just said, "well, I'm having the Lap Band procedure." They were all so happy for me (of course, I guess they work for me so it would be weird to trash me.) One of them has a daughter who had a band, but she had a lot of complications. She still said she thought it was a good idea and thought I would be good with it. That was a great feeling!!

So, now it is definitely not a secret. I'm okay with that. I just don't do secrets well.

I took my before pictures last night and they are beauties! Ha! I will post them soon.

That said...tomorrow is officially Day #1. Here I go!

No comments: