Ladybug

Monday, January 31, 2011

Old Pictures

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

When I visited my surgeon, he said that he felt that with hard work, I shoud get to around 145 lbs. I laughed out loud...with disbelief and delight.

I currently weigh around a lot more than that...more than my dad. And my dad is a hefty dude! I gained quite a few pounds this year, about 15-20 from quitting smoking and 5-10 from being lazy. My "normal" weight is around is about 25 pounds less than my current weight.

My lowest point which I hovered around for a few months two different times (once in 2000 and the other in 2006) was about 75 pounds less than now. I felt downright hot at those points! I was wearing clothes from "normal" stores. I really felt that I looked good, but I just couldn't stay there.

In college, I was right around that mark as well. In high school, I remember lying on my driver's license that I was 155, but I was really 165-170. By the time I graduated, I think I was around 180. I found some high school sennior pics the other night that I have posted to this entry. I remember thinking that I was SO fat, but at this age, I think I look great!

If I were to lose 100 pounds and maintain it for the rest of my life, I think I could be quite content.

But before I make that goal, I'm going to make the goal of the doctor's goal of 140 pound loss. Maybe with the right help, confidence and focused work, I can get to that weight and maintain it.
I'm willing to keep my mind open and set small goals as I go. I don't want to frustrate myself or set too lofty goals, but I also don't want to close my mind to an amazing possibilities.

Shortterm goals for now...but the mind stays firmly open!!

No comments: