Ladybug

Monday, February 14, 2011

Big day!!

Wow, there is A LOT to tell you about today.  First and foremost...I have a new car!!  I had such a hard time choosing, but then I realized the issue.  I wasn't thinking about getting a Mustang because everyone kept telling me to get a Mustang.  I was thinking about getting a Mustang, because I felt like I needed some sort of badass car to match my new badass self.  HAHA!  I realized that I am a fun, funky chick & I wanted a fun, funky car.  Plus, I wanted an extra $100 in the kitty for all the new clothes I'm going to want this year!!
This is my new Skittle!!

Tonight is group, so I'm excited to see my friends!  I haven't been since November.  I had my tonsillectomy 3 days before the December meeting so I missed it and the January meeting was cancelled due to weather.  I'm going to go to Jazzercise before so I should be nice & stinky!  I'm proud of myself for running at lunch today even though I was going to Jazz tonight.  If I could just get myself up in the mornings to do it!

Last, my acid reflux seems to be SOOOO much better.  I have been doing 4 things:
  1. I propped the head of my bed with 2 2X6's.  It makes the head of the bed higher than the foot so I'm sleeping at an angle and I will be darned if it doesn't make a difference.  I had a doctor suggest this to me pre-band and I laughed it off.  I stand corrected!!
  2. I have been taking a Mucinex about 30 minutes before I go to bed which is supposed to help thin out the mucus.  Eww, I know.  I'm not really sure how much this is doing, but I will continue for now.
  3. I have been trying to drink more water.  I'm still not where I want to be, but I don't feel as dehydrated as I did. 
  4. I haven't been eating or drinking anything but a bottle of water within 2 hours of going to bed.  This is a good habit to get into anyway, but can get challenging because of my schedule. 
So I will keep at these things.  I lost 8 tenths of a pound this week which doesn't feel like much and I'm a little frustrated.  But it is better than gaining which is what I was doing for a little while.  Plus, if I lost that every week, I would be to my goal by the end of the year.  So there's that!  :)

Hugs!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love the car. Good point about having extra money for your sexy new wardrobe.