Ladybug

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice & the NFL Experience

We have had such a CRAZY ice storm the last few days.  My company was closed two days in a row which is absolutely unprecedented.  Theoretically, it is nice to have time off, but was SO tired of sitting at home by myself.  There is only so much work I can do from home and I was getting stir crazy.

We finally made our way to work this morning.  It was a busy few hours, but then we left to go to the NFL Experience.  If you haven't heard of it, it is an interactive exhibition that goes along with the Super Bowl.  It was down at the Dallas Convention Center and we had tickets for 3pm.

My friends Cori & Shara went with me.  Since I was born a Yankee, I drove on the ice.  :)  We got there safe, if really cold.  When we got in, we started to just walk around and take in the sights.  We saw a few current and former NFL players.  They had all of the Super Bowl footballs and rings.  We each took a "draft day" picture along with a lot of others. 



The best thing we did by far was to go through the Verizon exhibit.  You registered and were given a QB wrist band.  At each of the three areas, you would participate in the event, get a score and scan your wristband.  The first was a trivia area which wasn't very exciting.  The second area was a football throw where you tried to get it through a few circles.  We were all terrible at that!! 



The last area, you had to do a 15 second touchdown dance on a stage in front of everyone by yourself.  I DID NOT WANT TO DO THAT!  From the moment I saw it, I was filled with anxiety of how stupid I was going to look.  But I decided that I wasn't going to do that anymore.  I was going to have fun.  To let you know how nervous I was, the guy asked me who my favorite Colt was and I couldn't think of anyone except Manning and Vinatieri.  Crazy!  I can name almost the entire lineup!  But I was shaking a bit.  :)



Anyway, I just danced a little then pointed to the audience and made a "call me" gesture.  The judges did get a kick out of it.  Anyway, it wasn't great, but I did it and I'm proud of myself.  It turned out to be the most fun I had all day!!  I'm going to try and post some pictures if I can figure out how to do it.  



It was apparent to me that I can do so many things this year that I would not have been able to do last year.  Not just because I have lost the weight (that helps too), but because I have gained confidence that I just didn't have before.  I love it!!

Last thing...I got a fill on Monday and I'm happy to say that it has really helped me remember what I should be doing.  We ordered in pizza today at lunch and it smelled SO GOOD.  But I ate my soup and was totally fine with it.  One day at a time!

No comments: