Ladybug

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Lovely Lady Hump-Day! :)

Interesting Dinner

It was time again for my monthly girls' Interesting Dinner.  Sadly, one friend lost her SIL to a devasting fight with cancer yesterday so she was unable to join us.  I know that sometimes death is not the worst thing, but it doesn't make it easy or less sad.  My heart and prayers are with that family.

On the more joyous side of things, it was another lovely dinner with my girls.  Aren't we a cute crew?  :)  I was determined to enjoy my food selections without going hog wild.  I avoided alcohol and dessert completely.  I had one bite of the complimentary cornbread (delish!) and one bite of the spanakopita Cowgirl & KK ordered (I don't like cooked spinach, not not as delish).  I decided against a soup or salad and just had my entree...6 ribs with a side of slaw and a side of onion strings.  In the time it took for everyone to eat their entire dinners (and then some), I had eaten 2 ribs.  Chew, chew, chew.  Ha!  And about 1/2 of the onions.  I'm eating the rest for lunch today.  Not a bad choice for me.

100 Followers

Hey!  I have 100 followers!  How the heck did that happen??  I started this for myself as a documentation of my journey.  I wanted to be able to see how far I had come and to be able to reflect on my feelings at different stages of all this.  I did think if it could help one person, then it would be worth it to make it public.  Never in a million years would I think that people would really want to read it!  And I never thought that I could love people so much that I have never seen face to face.

I think of so many of you as not just "blog" friends, but friends.  You inspire me, motivate me and just make me so happy to be part of this community.  I can't wait to see each day what you all are up to and what you have to say.  You truly make a difference in my life and I can't thank you enough for that.  For those of you going to Chicago, I have a hug waiting for you! 

Exercise

I finally made myself run 2 consecutive miles today.  It has been quite a while (over a month) since I have done that.  It amazes me how much I want to quit during that first mile.  Then I wanted to quit after a mile and a half, but I pushed it to two.  Then I wanted to quit, but I had told myself I was going to run for 30 minutes, so I kept going.  In fact, I ended up going for 32 minutes and 2.5 miles.  I feel so good! 

Hugs!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Whooho...what a work out. I worked my butt off too! Sounds like a great dinner to me!

Steph said...

Is it wrong that i am practically drooling over your dinner? Congrats on your workout, I'm glad you and your friends had fun and yes, there is a hug waiting for you too in Chicago!

wannabe former fatgirl said...

Wow, I wish I could run that long!

Lap Band Gal said...

What a bunch of cutie patooties! Can't wait to get that hug in Chi-town!

Cat said...

You and your girls are so cute! Oh, I absolutely love your shoes. Need to get some similar for me for the summer!

As for the bloging comment...I feel the same way, I absolutely look forward to what everyone has to say each day and what new things I'll learn about each of you.

As for exercise. TWO MILES! That's awesome. So proud of you. Keep up the good work. I'm going to push myself tonight to bike further than I have before. You've inspired me.

Fluffy said...

Hey you running STUD! Way to knock that 30 min run out. You gals look great!