Ladybug

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, Monday

Unfill

I'm getting ready to go to the doc for a slight unfill.  I have had A LOT of acid reflux the last few days and even though I feel hungry quite a bit, I know that acid reflux is a sign of a too tight band.  So, my hope is that my issues relate to the tightness and fixing it will only help.  Perhaps because I'm too tight, I'm not making the best eating choices and not getting enough water.  At any rate, I need to take care of the band first, and then focus on how it affects my eating.  At the very least, I will FEEL better than I have this weekend and will get rid of the nasty feeling.  :)  I will keep you updated.

Getting Soft or Out of Shape?

When I ran my first 5K, it hurt.  I was only running about 1.5 miles at a time in training and had never run more than 1.75 miles, I don't think.  My SIL ran by my side and helped me push through.  I did not stop running the whole time and even though it was hard and it hurt, I wanted SO BADLY to finish running.  So I dug deep and I did it.  Likewise, the next three 5Ks (with Lizard, then BFF, then myself), I did the same thing.  I remember thinking during each of them that I just couldn't do it anymore, but I kept pushing.  Each time, I did it.

But then you get to my last three and...not so much.  While it's not like my times have been absolutely horrible, (I've been within a minute or so of my best times), I do not push myself like I did before.  Likewise, my workouts have gotten lazier.  Well, except for Jazzercise.  I do that consistently and I put in effort when I'm there.  That's why I'm starting the CrossFit.  I'm really hoping that it helps me get that competitive edge back.  I think that if I can do that, more things will settle into place. 

Weekend

I had the most wonderful weekend!  Friday night, BFF, Lizard, & I went to see Something Borrowed.  I loved the little impromptu outing with two of my favorite people, but I hated the movie.  I just can't be entertained by a movie where people are screwing over their friends and/or cheating on their significant others.  I don't think it is charming, I don't think it is cute.  I do love John Krasinski though, so he helped me get through it.  :)

Saturday, I got up to do the 5K.  I wanted to cancel, but I promised my friend Lish that I would go.  So, I got there and she was on her way.  I picked up our numbers and chips.  I was concentrating on making sure I didn't mix up the chips because they went with the specific numbers.  I put on my number as she got there and she pointed out that I had put on her number.  Well since I already had on her chip, we just went with it.  She said that when she crossed the finish line, someone yelled out my name.  HA!

I ran some errands and did some relaxing, then Lizard and I went to church.  I was so glad we did so I didn't have to get up in the morning!!  We met at Fuzzy's Taco Shop.  YUM! 

 Ronnie scolded me for hiding in the back, but I promise I wasn't.  See Debi next to me?  :)  She was the tallest, then me.  It may not look like it, but all my other friends are shorties. 

Then we headed over to the Aardvark to see Bowling for Soup.  There were two opener bands and LONG waits in between, so everyone was exhausted by the time BFS took the stage at 11:30.  But we hung for a little while.  And I got my pic with lead singer, Jaret.

I actually really like this picture. 

I woke up yesterday and tried to be somewhat productive.  This week should be a fun one (as should be every week in June!)  My goal is 4 Jazzercise classes and CrossFit on Saturday. 

Happy Monday!

HUGS!

6 comments:

Debi said...

Oh man! They didn't even START playing until 11:30?! Wow! (That makes me sound old doesn't it, ha!) I had so much fun at dinner on Saturday :)

Happy Birthday week my friend!!! Love ya!

Pamela E. Williams said...

I love that pic with BFS-Jaret!! You look glowey (I know not a word)and cute!!

Your post always sound like fun!!

Dawnya said...

Cute picture!!! Umm...I need your life...it is so much more exciting than mine.

Theresa said...

Man, I think I need an unfill too, let me know how it works out! Love the pic!

Darlin1 said...

Can't wait to hear about the unfill and how your acid reflux is doing. Great pic!

Cat said...

Good luck on the unfill dear. That pic with the BFS guy looks AMAZING!! You are absolutely adorable. Good luck on Cross Fit!