Ladybug

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Today is NOT my birthday.

Birthday

So, today it is no longer my birthday.  I'm not sure why yesterday was so magically great, but it was.  After I posted yesterday, my friends at work took me out to lunch at Ziziki's and it was delicious.  I asked for 1/2 chicken and 1/2 lamb souvlaki.  It turned out that it was really hard to eat the lamb, so I only ate about 1/2 of one piece and then at the chicken.  I also ate the potatoes and greek pico (I don't know what it was but it tasted like Greek spiced pico de gallo) and left the pita bread.  Not too bad as far as choices go and it was absolutely delish!  My boss ended up picking up the tab for everyone which was unexpected and really nice.

After lunch I treated myself to a second cup of coffee for the day and a few cookies from the box that one of our law firms sent me for my birthday.  I left work slightly early to make it to the early Jazzercise class.  I was subbing for someone that had Ranger tickets and I didn't mind.  I even signed up two new people...yay!!  The magic continued because I could have worked out all night.  I was giving everything and I did not feel overwhelmed.  Just good!

After Jazzercise and tanning, BFF & I went for some frozen custard.  I was going to post a picture of this big, ginormous sundae I had for dinner, but a modicum of common sense won out and I ended up with a regular size sundae with hot fudge, caramel & whipped cream.  I'm sure it still had at least 1000 calories, but still.  Then the Mavs go and win which is just stellar!

All in all, definitely one of the best birthdays ever!  However today, it is no more.  I'm still in a GREAT mood, but more subdued (which is probably a good thing...wouldn't want to burst!) 

Water

This morning, (since it is not my magical birthday) my normally 30 minute commute took an hour and ten minutes.  Yikes.  The silver lining is that I actually drank my whole bottle of Smart Water before I got to work.  Additionally, since I have been here, I drank a cup of coffee AND another bottle of water.  I really do think that my tightness somehow kept me from drinking the amount of water I needed.  I don't know why or how to explain that, but I think it is true.  I just feel SO much better since my unfill and I'm not starving!

My Job

Reason #734 Why I Love My Boss

Boss:  Does Property X have any cash?
Me:  As of 5/31, they had $7.
Boss:  As in 700 pennies?
Me:  70 dimes, yes.
Boss:  So what you are saying is, it has only 140 nickels?
Me:  28 quarters...yeppers.
Boss:  So I want to make sure I understand...a Lincoln and 2 Washingtons?  Clearly they are broke...
Me:  You are correct on both counts, sir.

I know I'm a complete nerd, but it is conversations like that with a guy I could not possibly respect more that is one of the top reasons why I have come to the same place for work every day for over thirteen years. 

Today (not my birthday)

I had planned to Jazzercise tonight, but then I remembered that Godmother & I are walking at lunch today.  So, my new plan is to run home and do a couple of items that have to be done by 8pm.  Then I'm either going to go to DSW to go shoe shopping or I'm going to the mall.  I have $65 in gift cards at DSW, $75 at Nordstrom, & $50 at Macy's.  I would like to have some time to unwind at home tonight and go to bed early after staying up for the Mavs game...after all, I will be up late on Thursday for the next one!  So, I don't think I will go everywhere. 

Whatever I don't do, I will need to try to go to this weekend.  I would REALLY like to get a couple of new splurge items for the Vegas and Long Beach.  So wish me luck on finding something hot and sexy!!  :)

Hugs!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad that you had a great Birthday!!

The convo with your boss is hilarious, hehehe. I wish I had convos like that at work.

Tori said...

I would love that boss too! And the un birthday is anti climactic isn't it. :) Oh well...just over 300 days till the next one. :)

Laura Belle said...

So glad your b-day was fantastic!

Your boss sounds hilarious. I try to make jokes to my boss, but it comes out as a smart ass remark (which normally would evoke a giggle out of just about anyone) and he just stares at me like a deer in headlights. Oh well. I'll keep trying.

Soooo jealous that you have GC to DSW. Or that you even have a DSW. Love that store. I need more shoes!

Cat said...

That's why you continue to celebrate through the week! : ) I start before my birthday so that the ending of birthday week is my actual birthday or just a day or two more.

Your boss is hilarious and I would love to have had that conversation.

Kerri said...

HILARIOUS boss conversation!!!!

Rhonda said...

Aww, I hope I find a boss that awesome when I finally get into the professional world. :)

And pictures please from all the hot and sexy stuff you find while out shopping!