Ladybug

Friday, September 9, 2011

Somethings are better than losing weight.

You know, I'm doing fine with the mushy diet.  Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE a tortilla chip or a cracker, but otherwise, I'm totally fine.  I'm not hungry like I thought I would be.  And the best part is that all that acid reflux is going away.  I did have some yesterday from about 10am-3pm, but it was very mild.  We will see how it goes today.

I always check my CrossFit workout the night before to prepare.  For instance, if we are doing Power Cleans, I want to know what weight I lifted last time, so I know where to start this time.  I checked last night and saw that we were doing Presses and Back Squats.  YAY!!  I love weightlifting days.  Oh but wait...what is that at the very bottom?  1 mile TT.  Sigh.  That means one mile time trial.  One mile of running as fast as you can.  Damn it.

I toyed with the idea of not going, but I knew that was ridiculous.  The thing that really stunk was that unlike last time where the mile is the first thing we did after the warm up, the mile was the last thing we did.  Nothing like a little dread-filled weightlifting!

Presses are simple lifts from rack position (at the shoulders) over your head with no bouncing/jumping/etc.  It is all upper body.  Last time I did 60#, so I raised it to 65# this time.  It was really tough and I didn't fully get in all the reps, so I will keep it there for next time and until I can do more reps. 

Back squats are lower body.  You put the weight behind your head on your shoulders and squat.  Last time I did 75#, so I wanted to increase to 80#.  I needed 2.5# weights though and there weren't any left, so I thought I would get crazy and go to 85#.  After my first set, I recalculated and realized that my super awesome math skills put me at 95#.  Ha!  But I did ALL my reps easily so I'm glad I moved up extra.

Then it was time for that damn mile.  It is so irritating because I can run a damn mile.  But when I have to run it with 10 other people, the slowest of which can beat me by 2-3 minutes??  Ugh.  I promise that I try really hard to compete only with myself and not get down on myself about others kicking my butt.  But it gets old sometimes, especially when it is by SUCH a big margin.  Oh well, soldier on, right?

I didn't even try to keep up, I just ran my pace.  I was really hoping that I could get around that 11:18 pace I had last time, but I would have been okay with anything around 12 minutes.  It is amazing how much you can hate yourself during a 10-12 minute span.  Ha!  Anyway...I finished up a good 300m behind everyone...in fact, people were already gone when I got in.  :)  I crossed the line and looked at the clock - 10:50.  SWEET!  A new 1 mile PR.  In one moment I loved myself again.  I'm so easy.  This is when I realize, who gives a crap if I lose another pound or not.  I have decreased my mile pace by over 5 minutes in less than a year and a half.  That rocks! 

I'm headed to a high school football game to watch my little Kit Kat in the marching band at halftime.  Fun!!  I'm looking forward to a super fun weekend at home.  Hope you all have a good one!

HUGS!

10 comments:

tagyourit said...

YAY!!!! I think that NSVs are just as great as losing weight! Great job on 1- going to the workout and 2- setting a new time on your mile!!!!!

Amanda said...

What!!?? under 11 and you were just hoping to be under 12! Awesome! Thanks for letting me panic yesterday!

Rhonda said...

That's an awesome improvement on your mile. I hope I can do even half as well when it comes time for my fitness eval in December! :)

Laura Belle said...

10:50!!! That rocks!! Keep it up girl!

Cece said...

I love marching band - enjoy !!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo- You are MOVING; nevermind anyone else.

~Lisa~ said...

Keep up the great work!! I am soooo amazed at your attitude - I love it!! You so very much inspire me!! Thank YOU!

Cat said...

So very proud of your progress hero. You are an inspiration!

Andrea said...

Glad that you're doing better and the mushies aren't too bad!

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Hey I'm glad to read your updates and glad you're rockin the exercise!! AWESOME! Your workout schedule is intense and I"m so impressed! You are doing so great!