Ladybug

Friday, October 14, 2011

Raiding the Closet

Skipped CrossFit this morning because TOM is hear and I just didn't want to deal with all that getting ready in the work locker room.  TMI, probably.  :)  I actually think I'm skipping Jazzercise tomorrow too, but more on that in a bit...

I was going through a few things in my closet last night and I stumbled on some old things.  There was a shirt I had purchased from Banana Republic in 2006 when I had a crush on a boy, joined Jenny Craig and got down to my now 3rd lowest weight as an adult.  Interestingly, the shirt was slightly too small at the time and it is VERY clingy, so I have NEVER worn it.  I try it on with jeans sometimes, but it just never looks right.

I also came upon a skirt that I bought from the Gap in 1999 when I was now the 2nd lowest weight I have ever been as an adult.  I remember losing the weight, but I don't remember why.  Anyway, the skirt was very tight even back then and I NEVER wore it without opaque tights.

Today, I put them on together along with my awesome new boots and trusty jean jacket.  I was really thrilled with the combination!!  I don't even hate my hair today.  :)


I still feel like I don't like the pictures as much as I like it all in the mirror, but I think that is just how things are.  Whatev.  It is nice to get into these old clothes and truly know that I have surpassed anything I have done before. 

I do feel like I'm back on the right track.  (Thanks to my Let's Leap to Goal Challenge Mates!!)  I'm still 4.8 pounds up from my lowest point ever (back in APRIL...what the??) but I seem to be going in the right direction again.  The real test comes this weekend.  I'm not working out AT ALL which is not usual for me, so I will really have to watch my food/drink intake.  I guess Monday morning we will know the real truth.  :)

I had planned to get my pictures taken while I was in Chicago, but it didn't work out.  For the last several days I have been corresponding with one of Debi's friends that is a photographer.  We have been coming up with some ideas for an edgy and different photo shoot.  I'm not going to give away the details, but he has gotten me fired up and Saturday morning, I'm going to go out trying to find things to make the idea happen.  I'm really excited and I'm hoping that we can execute his vision in an awesome way!!

I'm going to a pageant tonight for women over 60.  How freaking awesome is that?  Fair warning...I am so going to do this when I'm 60!!!

Have a great weekend all.  Hugs!

17 comments:

Cece said...

Super glam !! Oh, and the boots !! You look gor-jus !! :)

Angela said...

Cute! Love those boots!

Samantha said...

I love that whole outfit! you look wonderful!

Stacey said...

That skirt is tooooo cute! I love it. You are really doing fantastic!!!

Cat said...

Super cute hero! Boots are so in this fall!

speck said...

"when I had a crush on a boy, joined Jenny Craig" lol

The outfit is adorable. You look great.

PurseQueen said...

Sooo cute, absolutely love the outfit..and those boots, cannot wait to get skinny and get myself a pair of tall boots to wear with some tight jeans! You look so amazing!

~Lisa~ said...

You are just the cutest little thing!! Come and raid my closet!! I would love to put things together like that!

Rhonda said...

And you'll WIN it when you're 60!

You look great. :) Love that shirt.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I cannot wait to see the pics. Great outfit.

Jessica said...

Cute outfit!!

Sarah said...

Love the outfit super cute!

Lyla said...

You look wonderful-- it's a super cute outfit. I know what you mean about the mirror vs. camera. My mirror always shows me in a little bit better light for some reason.

Andrea said...

I can't wait for the pics! You look so cute in your outfit! And you will rock that over 60 pageant a long long time from now! :)

Justawallflower said...

Love the outfit, and the hair! Too cute! OMG, I am bloated beyond belief today, so weigh in will be interesting!

Debi said...

O.M.G. You are too cute for words! And please share how the pageant went!

p.s. feel better!!! xoxoxo

Dawnya said...

Okay...I'm not sure why I am just now seeing this post. LOL

You look great. Your hair looks good...and it's getting longer. I love the outfit you put together. I would tell you if I didn't. LOL

You are so beautiful. I'm so lucky you are my friend.

I can't wait to see what happens with the photo shoot.