Ladybug

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 Word

I like this word thing going on and want to jump right in. 

If I would have had a word for 2010, it would have been DETERMINATION.  I was so determined to lose weight and I wasn't going to let anything stop me.  I knew that on my surgery date in January, and I think I exhibited just that all the way through the year.  I lost 75 pounds that year and went from being a fat girl to someone that looked pretty "normal".  I felt great!

In 2011, my word would have been PEACE.  Originally, I wanted to hit my goal weight in 2011.  At the beginning of the year, that was my plan, but somewhere along the way, things changed.  I went into more of a maintenance mode for most of the year.  Instead of focusing on weight loss, I focused on finding peace and becoming the person I want to be.  I'm happy to say that in 2011, I will have lost around 20 pounds and I found my PEACE.

2012 begins very soon.  It is MY year.  I have a renewed vigor to reach my goal (many thanks to my fellow Leapsters!), it is the year of the Olympics, and most of all, it will be first year that I will never have to shop in a "womens" store ever again.  It is the first year that from beginning to end, I am normal.  Or rather, I feel normal.

Right now, I'm trying to think of a word that captures BOTH my perserverence as it relates to my continuing weight loss goals AND my goal to experience everything possible with my new life.  I'm not sure what it is yet, but I think I will know it when I hear it. 

Hugs!

5 comments:

Cat said...

What a great thought Hero. I know you'll find the perfect word that encompasses both of those things. *raises glass* Here's to a New Year of "normal".

Rhonda said...

Great thoughts. Can't wait to hear what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you know what you want this year, even if you don't find the perfect word.

Sam said...

Great starting point for finding your 2012 word :o)

speck said...

Love your post. All that kept coming to mind as far as a word when reading your post was the word ME.

Can't wait to see what YOU come up with. :)

Sandra