Ladybug

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feeling groovy!

It is amazing how getting control (and letting go in other ways) can make a person feel better.  I'm on Day 3 post fill and I feel like I'm really back on track.  I have been eating like a bandster again (hard!) and I'm focusing on the rules.  Additionally, I have been fighting in my head with people again which ALWAYS means that I need to adjust MY attitude.  Last night, I let it ALL go and I'm back to my happy self!

I just did not want to go to Jazzercise last night.  I didn't want to go anywhere.  I just wanted to go home and watch the IU game and go to bed.  But I went, because that is what I do.  And I felt SO much better when I was done.  Of course, because that is how it works.  When I got home, the IU game hadn't recorded.  That's when I just started laughing.  Time to stop getting wound up in the stupid stuff.  Time to focus on the blessings.

Which brings me to Lent.  Last year I gave up chocolate for Lent and even though it was hard, I stuck with it.  Unfortunately, I think I replaced it with so much crap, it really didn't do much for me healthwise.  So this year, I decided to do something extra instead of giving something up.  I decided that I will write 40 letters, one each day and actual letters (not emails) to people mean a lot to me and have changed my life for the better.  It makes me happy just thinking about it!

Today, I'm wearing my first Mod Cloth dress.  Remember last week when it was a scosh to small?  Yeah, well as of today, they both fit!!  One is a little too Spring"y" yet, but this one is weather appropriate.  I could still stand to be a little smaller and I think it would fit better.  One step at a time!!

I had my oatmeal this morning and everything seems to have gone done fine.  That's good!  Time to get this monkey off my back and move toward my goals. 

Hugs!!

10 comments:

Liz said...

You look so pretty!!!

chloes_countdown said...

you look so cute!! love the dress :)

Sarah said...

Love that dress, adorable on you!

Angela said...

Wonderful dress. I love Modcloth but am too afraid to buy from there because I have no clue what my size would be. I will have to soon though because there are a few I can't live without. :)

Darlin1 said...

You go girl!

XO

Stephanie M. said...

I don't do religion, but I love your Lent idea! That's fantastic and beautiful. Makes you slow down for a minute and appreciate the good things.

And you look HAWT in that dress! I can't believe the way your body is changing from all those workouts.

Steph said...

I love the word groovy and that is a super cute dress!

Cat said...

A) Yep, still my hero.
B) LOVE that dress, I see Modcloth all the freaking time on the fashion blogs I read each day. So need to try them and soon! You are so gorg.
C) I'm not religious but I LOVE your Lent idea and I'm borrowing it cause yeah...you are an inspiration to me and it's my job to use the ideas I find inspirational right?? So yeah, I'm going to write letters to people too! Yay!

Laura Belle said...

I just love that on you! You look so great!

So glad everything is going better. And ya know, I was just thinking about how I DON'T want to go running tonight, then I read your post and was like, 'If my little friendy Beth Ann can do it, then I can too!' And I know you're right, i'll feel so much better afterwards!
Thanks babycake for always being my inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I missed this post somehow! LOOKING FABO!