Ladybug

Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap and Intention Check-In

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday was a super busy work day.  Just one of those days that it was nose to the grindstone from start to finish.  I think more days are going to be like that for a while.  We are ramping up (YAY!) and our Accounting Manager just had a baby and will be out for 3 months.  I'm very excited for her, but several of us will be covering for her while we take on new duties.  Better than the alternative, right?  Don't let me kid you, I love being busy.

Usually I am filling time on a Friday afternoon, but instead, I barely made it out by 5:20.  Jazzercise starts at 5:30, but I booked it as fast as I could and I got in there mid-2nd song.  Not bad!!  I did the 30 minute Express class, then stayed for the Ballet Body class after.  It was a really interesting class.  My arms which had done a bunch of push presses that morning screamed at me.  :)  But I made it through!  My calves are still sore today.  Wow!!

Saturday morning, I got up and went to pick up my basket from the food co-op.  I wish I would have taken a picture, but here was what we got:
  • 10 Bananas
  • 2 containers of Blueberries
  • 1 Pineapple
  • 10 Apples
  • 9 Oranges
  • 4 Cucumbers
  • 1 bunch of Green Onions
  • 1 bunch of Asparagus
  • 9 Poblano Peppers
  • 1 bunch of Carrots
  • 15 small red/yellow/orange Bell Peppers
  • Kale
  • 1 head of Leafy Lettuce
I could have had my own Farmer's Market out of my trunk!!  I spent the rest of Saturday on my couch.  It was raining and I pretty my just spent the day in a vegetative state.  It was SPECTACULAR!  I did manage to get up and get ready so we could go to church at 6pm.  I decided that it was better than getting up Sunday morning after a Spring Forward night.  :)

Sunday I did chores around the apartment, went to the store and cooked.  I made two different meals for BFF & I to share over the week.  In the crock pot, I made pot roast, potatoes, carrots, poblanos and green peppers.  The French Onion Soup mix I have isn't gluten free, but I did have some GF Cream of Mushroom soup, so I put that in there with lots of garlic, minced onions, salt and pepper. 

In the rice cooker, I made rice with chicken, salsa, lots of peppers, cheese, and green onions.  I packed up the rice for leftovers and made some broiled asparagus to serve with the pot roast.  It was all pretty good for not having a recipe!  And both of us have leftovers for the whole week.  I also made some vinegar cucumbers for lunch today!

BFF came over and we watched Game Change and had dinner.  All in all, it was a nice relaxing weekend.

Intention Check-in
  • I will wear my Fitbit everyday.  Check!  (7 for 7)
  • I will log my food everyday.  Check!  (7 for 7)
  • I will work out at least 5 times.  Check!  (6 times and if you consider Ballet Body a separate class from the Express Jazzercise class, then 7 times!)
  • I will drink at least 2 of my big bottles of water per day.  Eh.  (I would say 5, possibly 6 for 7 on this one)
Although I need to work on the water item more, overall, I did well with these goals for the week.  But it is apparent that I have to do something more.  I logged what I ate on Saturday and Sunday, but I had entirely too many calories.  This has ALWAYS been my M.O.  I will be good during the week, then sabotage myself on the weekends.  If I just wanted to maintain, this wouldn't be a huge deal, but I still would like to lose more. 

So, what am I going to do?  Here are this weeks intentions:
  • Wear Fitbit everyday.
  • Log food everyday.
  • Workout 5-7 times.
  • Drink at least 68 ounces of WATER everyday.
  • Replace weekday snacks with fruit.
  • No chips and queso this week.  (This is typically only a problem on the weekend.)
Believe it or not, I think that last one is my #1 reason I don't lose weight.  Too much chips and queso.  I'm not saying I'm cutting it out forever.  In fact, that would just ensure that I get some on the way home tonight.  Ha!  But I am saying that I will not have it this week.  :)

I lost 2 tenths of a pound this week and that is just silly.  When you consider how much I work out, I just take in too many calories.  This is not the volume issue that made me balloon up to almost 300 pounds.  I don't need to eat that much anymore.  This is just making poor choices and making excuses to justify those poor choices. 

Now that I have a routine of logging and tracking, it is time to change up the choices.  Today's meal plan:
  • Breakfast:  oatmeal
  • AM Snack:  banana
  • Lunch:  leftover pot roast
  • 2nd Lunch (I have found this works better for me):  cucumbers and granola bar (if needed)
  • PM Snack:  apple
  • Dinner:  mexican rice
  • Late Snack:  pot roast (if needed)
This probably sounds like a lot to many of you, but it is not for me.  Now that I have put it out there, I have to stick to it, right?! 

Hugs!

1 comment:

Laura Belle said...

All that for $15?!?! Wasn't it $15? Or am I making that up? Even if it was $30! Holy crap that's a lot of stuff!