Ladybug

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Doing some work on a Tuesday.

It was a CrossFit morning!  After last week's crazy 45 minute WOD, it was nice to back to normal.  After the briefest of warm ups, we worked on our handstand walks.  I will say that there is a noticeable difference in my handstand.  I'm much more confident in my kick up and once I get my balance against the wall, I can hover a bit without touching the wall.  I even had Bach hold my legs as I kicked up out on the floor.  I still can't do handstands with no assistance, but I'm getting there!

WOD

3 rounds:
  • 10 Power Cleans (85#)
  • 50 Double Unders (since I can't do double unders yet, I did lateral hops over the bar for the first set and then over a line on the floor for the last two sets.  That is a movement that looks easy but my lungs don't like it!)
I initially set up the barbell for 65# because that is what I normally lift.  Bach looked at me and said, "put more weight on that bar."  Heh...okay.  I asked her how much, thinking 5-10# and she said to make it 85#.  Okaaaaayyyy...  I had never Cleaned more than 65# and today I did 85#.  MASSIVE PERSONAL RECORD!  Bach is smart. 

Bach took a picture, but it looks like I was just standing around watching everyone else work out.  Ha!  That's me...the one just standing there. 
After the WOD, we did tabata kettlebell windmills for "dessert."  Holy Abs! 

Work is still super crazy busy, so off I go!  Tonight is my dinner with the girls, so that will be a blast!

HUGS!

2 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Nice job! :)

Yum Yucky said...

okay, so I just Googled the kettlebell windmill. Holy crap, YESSS!! I'm doing it.