Ladybug

Monday, April 2, 2012

Uh-oh, Beth Ann's Getting Fired Up Again!!

I think there are a lot of reasons I have been unfocused lately.  But I had an A-HA moment this weekend and I'm ready to get fired up!  More on that in a minute.

1.  Sick - I have been officially sick for two weeks now and I felt somewhat bad before that.  I just felt so blah that if I was really honest with myself, I didn't care.  So what if I never lost anything more?  So what if I gained a couple of pounds?  Well, I'm done with that now.

2.  Work - work has really taken off for me in the last few weeks.  I have taken on some new duties and I'm actually really enjoying what I'm doing!  I don't like to work overtime though, so I really focus to get as much done as possible during work hours which means I don't take time out in the morning to blog consistently.

3.  Blog - as I mentioned in #2, I haven't been blogging consistently.  I know that when I don't blog consistently, I don't stay focused on my weight loss goals.  That includes reading blogs too.  I will recommit to blogging every weekday morning regardless of other responsibilities.  I have to make it a priority!  As for reading, I need to get into a pattern at night.  I will work to do that.

4.  Personal - I have a little personal thing that I can't discuss with you all at the moment.  Please don't take this as a tease!  It is not a bad thing at all.  However, one of the cons of having people in my real world with access to my blog is that I don't always want to talk about everything.  However, I should have more of an idea on this in a couple of weeks and I will update you more then.  I think that since this is one of two things really invading my thoughts, it also kept me unfocused.

5.  Olympics - The other thing invading my head right now is my Olympic trip.  You all don't want or need to hear every detail about my plans and since that is what occupies a lot of my thoughts these days, I fear that has also kept me unfocused on my blog.

All of these things have kept my brain focused on other things and not on my commitment to lose weight.  There, I said it.  :)

This weekend, I re-organized my closet from Winter to Summer.  My parents are coming to visit this weekend and for those of you that know me, you know that means a shopping trip with my mom!!  So I wanted to see what it is that I really need.  I tried on almost every single item in my closet from the last summer season and I very, very sad to say that almost everything fit.  That's right folks, for the first time since getting my band, I have not changes size from one season to the next. 

Super Mega A-HA moment.

This, of course, is not truly horrible news.  This is the longest I have gone in my adult life without gaining weight and I'm so happy and grateful for that.  In the grand scheme of my life, it is actually a fantastic thing.  But never mind that for the moment!

My Olympic trip was my reward for losing 100 pounds.  The problem is that I haven't lost 100 pounds.  In fact, as of this morning, I'm 8.6 pounds away from that.  So, it's time.  My goal is to lose those 8.6 pounds by the end of May.  That is basically one pound a week. 

I have no idea why this "restart" will be any different than any other restart since last April, but I have to believe that it is.  April 1, 2011 I weighed one pound less than I weighed this morning.  I went back through my blogs and last year on the first Monday in April, I'm in almost the same place I am today.  :)  Reassessing priorities after a weekend bender.  Ha!

At least I'm consistent!  But I'm also determined.  I don't know what it is about hitting that 100 pound mark that is freaking me out, but it obviously is.  I have gotten as close as 97 pounds a few times, but then I always bounce back up.  Not for no reason, of course.  I'm in control of the situation.  It isn't like I lose 97 pounds and then I'm kidnapped and force fed HoHos.  It is time to seize control and remind myself what I am capable of. 

I will Jazzercise.  I will CrossFit.  I will use my Fitbit.  I will use My Fitness Pal.  I will blog.  I will drink water.  All of those things can be second nature for me when I am in the zone.  It's time to roll, compadres.  Let's do it!

Hugs!!

9 comments:

Justine said...

You can do it!

Dawnya said...

You got this!!!

Cat said...

You can do it Hero!! 100 lbs is such an awesome milestone. I'm right there with ya though, I've been bouncing around 90 lbs lost these past 3 months and that shiz stops now. I am recommitting with you and making sure I do the things I know I can do to get to 100 lbs lost and eventually to goal.

Jessica said...

You can do it!!!

JD said...

You can do it Beth Ann!! Go girl!!

Barbara said...

How great is it that you are going to the OLYMPICS.. you certainly deserve that as your reward.

Hope you feel better.. and keep blogging baby!!

Lap Band Gal said...

You can totally rock those last 8+ lbs...onwards my friend!

Angela said...

Totally achievable goal!

Anonymous said...

Hugs Beth- you can do this. You can do anything you set your mind to do.