Ladybug

Monday, May 7, 2012

Gluten Free Goodness

I totally got this recipe from Amanda, but it is so awesome, so I'm stealing it and making it my new favorite go-to recipe. 

Since BFF eats gluten free, I have really tried to make my Sunday dinners gf so we can share.  This one was winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 package of boneless skinless chicken
2  small cans Rotel
1 can of Bush’s Best Black Bean Fiesta Grillin Beans
1 small can of Las Palmas Enchilada Sauce (red is gluten free)
1 package of shredded cheese
1 package of Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
Sour cream (if desired)

I cooked the chicken, rotel, & black beans in the crockpot.  (4 hours on high or 6 on low).  I took a 13x9 baking pan and put a small amount of the enchilada sauce on the bottom to coat.  Then I layered the chicken mixture, cheese, enchilada sauce and tortillas until I ran out of chicken mixture and finished with cheese.

I baked at 350 for 25 minutes.  I served my portion with a dollop of sour cream.  I thought it was extremely good.  Amanda suggested ground beef instead of the chicken which I"m totally trying next time!  I think maybe I would even make it with pulled pork sometime.

Truly and honestly one of the best things I have made in a while.  Thanks you AMANDA!!!!

I have a busy week coming up.  Quick overnight girls' trip to paradise tomorrow, back on Wednesday.  Then theater tickets Wednesday & Saturday nights.  Rangers tickets Friday night.  I should be exhausted by Sunday.  But what a fun week!!

Hugs!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

It sounds delicious!

Steph said...

That sounds great...Would you mind if I shared on my other blog where I try and post gluten free things? My daughter has a gluten sensitivity, so we try and do low gluten foods and this sounds great!!! Thanks, hon!

Andrea said...

Yummy!

Rhonda said...

Whew! Busy lady!

I might even have to try Amanda's recipe soon. :)

Lap Band Gal said...

Sounds like a yummy recipe! :) Hope you are well.