Ladybug

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 2 and All Is Well

Dieting is hard.  I spent most of the day yesterday hungry and I still had to use some of my activity points for an extra snack.  It is easy to remember why my natural state is fat.  I worry that a fill will make me too tight, but I have to try.  I can't sustain this type of hunger for the time it would take me to reach my goal.  The fill is in a week.  In the meantime, I deal.

Yesterday was a really good day, "healthy" wise.  I told you about my CrossFit morning, but then I also ellipticized for a half hour at lunch and I was flying! (for me anyway)  I wanted to start running again, but my feet hurt too much to run when I'm exercising this much.  So, I decided on the elliptical.  I have gotten to where I can sustain about 6mph over 30 minutes.  I will get up to 7.5 and be as low as 5, but it averages out to about 6.

After work, we went to the Rangers game for our monthly Interesting Dinner.  If you have been following me for long, you might remember that I started this group in late 2004.  Some of the attendees have changed, but we have only missed about 5 months in all that time.  Amazing!  Anyway, BFF chose the Captain Morgan Club at the Ballpark for dinner and it was Yu Darvish bobblehead night.  She loves Yu, but we were very sad that we were just slightly too late to get one.  Booo!  


Aren't we adorable?  I had to be creative, but I had the inside of 1 and 1/2 veggie tacos, about 2/3 of a serving of Mexican rice and a few shoestring french fries.  Not too bad.  I was satisfied for about 2 hours and then I was hungry again.  Sigh.

We lost.  :-(

On the way out to the car I was whining to BFF that I was hungry.  I told her to remind me of that when I was complaining post-fill.  She asked me what I would be complaining about then and I told her it would be that I couldn't eat what I want.  She giggled and said "deal."  I did manage to not eat anything when I got home, so go me!

This morning, my scale continues to reward me.  It gives me the motivation to have another good day.  We are going on vacation this weekend, so that will be tough for me.  But my goal is to log everything which should at least help me keep things in perspective. 

Also this morning, I can't even get my coffee down.  WTF?  I never have that problem.  Ever.  This thing is a daggone mystery that is fo sho.

I have been looking at some pre-extra pounds pictures lately to get some inspiration.  I will leave you with a couple...

Hugs!

8 comments:

Darlin1 said...

You go girl!

XO

Barbara said...

You look great and are doing great!!! hugs

Anonymous said...

Hugs.
It is hard to be hungry. I really hope the fill is the perfect mixture of you can eat what you should and it keeps you full for hours. I am there right now and loving life. I wish it could always be at that spot......

Cheri said...

I really admire your commitment to do all the things you know you need to do, even when they are really really hard! You are awesome!

(ps what does it mean that captcha is making me type heathenism?!! lol)

Sandy said...

Get the fill and see how you feel. Losing weight changes how fills work. Good luck on getting rid of the hungries.

Sarah said...

I have absolutely NO doubt that you'll get this done. Nice job at the gym, honey!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Vanessa said...

Love that you are back in action - your motivation is motivating me! Rock on - Hunger is just fat melting....or something like that someone once said to me...ha! Crush it!

Island Bandit said...

I was in a position similar to yours a while back and when i was complaining to a friend about the hunger, she said
'well now's when you've really got to dig in your heels and do what you know you're supposed to do.'
But she couldn't understand how hard that is when you're suddenly hungry ALL THE TIME after not experiencing hunger for months....
Sounds like you're holding in there, doing great and making the best choices. Try eating mini mini meals....5x a day to try and keep that hunger until you can get the fill.... and you'll be just fine