Ladybug

Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday!!

I had forgotten what it was like not to be hungry all the time.  For the last year, I have had a very loose band, subconsciously thinking I will "do it on my own."  The first 35 years of my life should have told me I couldn't.  Anyway, during that time, I wasn't hungry 100% of the time like I was pre-banding, but functioning with normal portions was just damn near impossible, it seemed.

This fill was the first time in a really long time, where I got some satisfaction.  I was slightly concerned that I would be too tight, but as time progresses (and I remain somewhat patient), I think it will be fine.  I got hungry this morning, but after getting up, working out for an hour, driving to work, getting ready and having coffee...I SHOULD be hungry.  That is normal.  I don't expect to never be hungry, but when you eat a "normal" portion and you are hungry in an hour, it is really hard to watch your calories.

So, yay.

I do think I'm getting a bit dehydrated, so I'm trying to be conscious of that today.  Water, water, water.

CrossFit was a beating today.  I worked hard, but I didn't do very well.  We did back squats...20 of them...in a row.  Yeesh, that was hard.  My last 5-7 were crap form, but I got them done, so whatevs.  I was at 125# which is pretty damn heavy when you are squatting 20 times.  20 times is A LOT in case I haven't made that clear.

Then we did Presses.  I like Presses.  But I really struggled this morning.  We were supposed to do 5 sets of 5.  I did 2 sets of 5, then 4, then 3.  I didn't even get to the last set because we ran out of time.  I was disappointed until I realized that I had gone up 10# from last time instead of 5#.  For a Press, that is ridiculous.  Now I'm mad and I want to try it again.  Oh well.

At the end, we were supposed to do 150 Double Unders & 150 Situps.  (A double under is one jump, two passes of the jump rope.)  I can't do double unders, so the scale was to do 3:1 singles.  That meant 450 jumps.  Damn.  I got to about 375 and then I just had to stop and move to the situps.  I did my situps and finished in 16:06.  It was ugly. 

But I went and I did it.  Next week I will do better.

Just a week and a half into my challenge and I'm seeing a difference.  Definitely losing the bloat which is nice.  I'm frustrated that I let myself gain so many extra pounds before getting into gear, but I did, so what's done is done.  Boy, I sound cranky or down today.  I'm really not.  In fact, I'm in a really good mood and excited for the weekend.

Have a good weekend!  I hope I have good news for you on Monday!

Hugs!

7 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Holy shmoly! That's a kick ass workout! :) awesome sauce!

Read said...

I agree - total kick ass - but more than that - sometimes our body's just aren't as up and ready for working out as they normally are. Don't worry about it. It's fantastic you went and did it - just concentrate on that!

Sandy said...

I'm n the same boat. After flying a few weeks ago my band tightened up. I'm down 8 lbs in a month. Have to relearn all those band rules, esp. Not taking that extra bite. But it's a good thing. Reminds me that the band is there to help us not hinder us. I had gained 14 lbs and now only have 5 to go to get back under 170. WooHoo for actually listening and working the band. You are doing amazing and will continue to do so.

Laura Belle said...

You're a badass.

That is all.

KajunDee said...

Wow,great workout !

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

So glad you're feeling great! You go girl!

speck said...

Great insight Beth.

I'm like you, I couldn't do it for 48 years why in the hades think I can do it now!

And I completely relate to the water. Girl it takes an act of congress for me to drink anything. But I'm trying and thanks for the reminder.