Ladybug

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Well, I'm not hungry...

This fill has definitely helped in that I'm eating little and not getting hungry.  But I'm still on liquids with no chance of solid eating at the moment and I'm hoping that it settles more in a couple of days.  I do not think it is healthy to not eat solid foods.  But I know from my past that it can take a few days.

I always have trouble eating healthy enough (or low cal enough) when I'm on liquids.  I vowed to be different this time.  I ended up being over my points yesterday because I had a drink last night.  But I had whiskey with a no-cal mixer, so that was a good choice.  Also, I did not have any ice cream or anything like that which I usually allow myself during this phase. 

B:  coffee, slim fast
L:  broccoli cheese soup
D:  broccoli cheese soup & tomato soup
S:  whiskey drink

Since I didn't work out yesterday, I was a little over, but I'm still really pleased.  I'm planning for a similarly successful day today!

This morning I was listening to a news story on the AMA and its decision to classify obesity as an illness.  I have mixed feelings.  I think that it is a positive step to help physicians, insurance companies, patients, etc. work on this seeming systemic issue.  However, in my mind, being obese isn't the same thing as being sick.  And I don't think I like the idea of people thinking of me as sick.  Maybe I need to change my mindset as well.  I don't know.  What do you think?

I refuse to believe that everyone is the same and fat people are just lazy or eat too much.  It is much more complex than that.  But I believe that the biggest issue is our culture.  Some people talk about how much of our social structure revolves around food and while that's true, I think that wouldn't be such a big issue if we ate differently. 

Eating healthy is WAY more expensive that eating crap.  Eating healthy is more difficult than eating crap.  Eating healthy often calls attention to yourself in group settings.  For an obese person, that can be difficult.  Going on a diet, taking meds, heck...even having surgery isn't a quick or easy answer. 

The best answer for me has been pre-planning.  If I can plan my meals for the week on Sunday, then I know that I am probably going to have a successful week.  If I'm in a situation where I can't or don't plan, then most likely I will not be successful.

Speaking of planning, I must make myself go to CrossFit tomorrow.  If I don't, give me hell!

Hugs!

2 comments:

speck said...

Great post Beth!

I completely agree...eating healthy IS more expensive. I've had others tell me deferently but my checkbook is proof!

Your topic caught my eye. I went to my dr yesterday. I knew I've been in trouble for a while now.

I'm not hungry either. I realized I "needed" this fill.

Enjoyed reading.

Cat said...

Healthy is absolutely more expensive lady.

I feel so hungry so often usually after about 3 hours, but I know that I also get stuck easy so I don't want to be any tighter. I'm at a loss.