Ladybug

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Let's Do This

Hi.  My name is Beth Ann and I used to be a blogger.  When last we spoke, I was getting back on the wagon and working on my goal to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday.  I had a great September!! 

But then October came, I had a knee injury...IT Band Syndrome...which took me out of working out for about 2 weeks.  I had a trip to Vegas which kept me out for another week.  And during those three weeks, I gained over 7 pounds.  Yeah, I'm truly an overachiever.

We all know though that those extra pounds were mostly bloating and most of it went away after a week of hard work and I settled in at about +3.  I've been hanging there for a bit, completed unmotivated.  I couldn't seem to make it a day without doing something silly, well eating something silly anyway. 

Yesterday, I emailed some of my blogging besties and had them help me hold myself accountable for ONE day of good nutritional behavior.  With the help of a little accountability, I was able to actually have one good day.  I'm going for two in a row!!

I will say that although I'm frustrated with the extra pounds I put on last year (not just the 3 from last month, but the other 20 I found in 2012), I am starting to have confidence in myself.  Physically, I mean. I remind myself that I'm a "normal" size, even if I'm not a normal weight.  I think I look cute in my clothes and overall, I'm happy.

But the never-ending quest continues, and I know that I don't want to give up and just be content.  I knew when I started this blog, that this was a life long endeavor.  Even though I have taken a couple of steps back, I know that I can meet my goal.  I just have to quit being so mentally lazy. 

How is it that I can manage to push my body so much during a workout (yesterday I felt like my lungs were going to come out of my mouth!), but I have such a hard time eating grilled fish and veggies instead of enchiladas?

I'm not sure I can answer that question, but I will commit to making the right choices TODAY.  I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

Hugs! 

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I know, it's so hard! Keep on keeping on!

Sandy said...

And it truly is never ending. But then that's a really long time. Chin up. You can keep on keeping on.

Rose said...

Mmmm, I love enchiladas! Lol I'm having a hard time getting my head to catch up with my body in terms of knowing when I'm hungry or what I should eat. If you figure out the answer to that, please share!! You're doing great with that minimal gain after the month you've had... I have faith you'll be back on track in no time. I hope your knee is healing well!!