Ladybug

Friday, January 10, 2014

40 By 40 Challenge Check In

Today was my 7th check in for the year.  Four of the months I have lost weight and three of the months I have gained.  No bueno.  But I'm not going to dwell on it because this month ended great!

Loss Goal: 40
December Loss:  3.4
Total Loss:  11.6
Left to Lose: 28.4

I had gained a ridiculous amount of weight during the holidays.  When I weighed on 01/02, I was NOT feeling good about myself.  But I started my Whole30 Challenge...no preservatives, no grains, no sugar, no sweetner, no dairy, no alcohol.  Since then, not only have I lost my holiday bloat, I lost a couple pounds beyond that.  Now the REAL work begins!!

My plan is stick to the Whole30 for the full 30 days which ends 1/31.  After that, I will evaluate what I want to do.  I know I want to stay Paleo, but I think I want to add back in dairy in moderation.  I'm still going to really try hard to limit sugar and sugar substitute.

I went to CrossFit this morning.  After warming up, I did 5 sets of 10 Deadlifts at 115#.  That was kind of low but I'm just getting back into it and I was feeling it plenty.  Then using two heavy duty elastic bands, I did 4 sets of 3 strict pull ups and then 1 set of 2.  I'm terrible at strict pull ups because I'm still a VERY heavy person and you can't use momentum.  My goal has always been to be able to do just one kipping (using momentum) pull up unassisted.  I know I have to lose at least another 20 pounds to even come close.  But it is the goal!

After that, we finished with tabata wall balls.  Tabata means :20 on, then :10 off eight times which is four minutes.  Wall balls are when you squat with a medicine ball (mine was 10# which again was on the low side) and then throw it up against the wall above you.  They are crazy and it was a lot of work.  But I felt great when it was done!!

Today's food plan:

Breakfast:  Peppermint tea. (Man, I miss my coffee.)  Egg beaters with chopped roast beef and salsa.
Lunch:  We are going to Saltgrass Steakhouse so I think I will get the 1/2 rack of ribs sans BBQ sauce and a sweet potato.
Snack:  mixed nuts if I need them
Dinner:  We are going to the movies tonight so I want to be full before I go...no popcorn!  We are going to Joe's, so I think I will get a steampot sans potatoes and corn.

Tomorrow I'm getting up and going to Jazzercise with BFF, but the rest of the weekend is basically football and food prep.  :)

You know, before I wrap up I have two things.  One...I got my labs back and other than a very slight elavation in my cholesterol (no danger at all), everything was just perfect.  Two...the key to doing this Whole30 and I think Paleo in general is food prep.  The food you can have is DELICIOUS and you can eat as much as you need to be satisfied.  But if it isn't prepped, it is so hard to get it done.  If you can prep, this nutrion plan is excellent.  I also want to say that I obviously don't follow it 100% because I take shortcuts that include preservatives.  Like the egg beaters and salsa I'm eating right now.  But I do the best I can and I think the results are showing!  YAY!

Hugs!


2 comments:

~Miss Lorie~ said...

Ahhhh! I love crossfit and I love your crossfit updates! We had a "dirty 30" WOD last night. It was 30 burpees, pull-ups, thrusters, KB, Double unders, wall balls, box jumps and sit ups. It was hell! Yahoo! Love your 30 day challenge. I have always used the excuse "I don't know if I could eat that with lap band..." I may just have to give it a try.

Polly McDonald said...

UGH! I gained over the holidays, too! A lot! I'm not pleased, but hey, we're on the right track now. :-)