Ladybug

Friday, March 28, 2014

Contemplating the Balance

Yesterday felt good.  Just laying it all out there for myself was cathartic.  I'm still not 100% sure what my decision or plan will be going forward long term and I'm okay with that.  It will come. 

I made some great choices yesterday.  I avoided the department that housed the peanut butter brownie pizza.  I ate my yogurt with some fruit while most everyone else had cupcakes.  And I made the decision to pack for CrossFit even though

1. I had already gone 3x this week.  (But I had only gone twice a couple of weeks in March, so I had some sessions to spare.)
2.  My accountability partner person texted me right before I went to sleep that she wasn't going.  (But that didn't mean I shouldn't!)
3.  The scheduled workout was ridiculous.  (I told myself that I just needed to get there and even if I did a 1/4 of it, that was better than skipping.)

Then I sat down and planned out my meals for today.  I NEVER do that for Fridays.  BFF & I spoke and decided on Rockfish for lunch and Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. 

Today's Nutrition Plan:
Breakfast:  coffee with cream (x2), 2 boiled eggs and 1/2 chicken burger patty  (I only had 1 egg the rest of the week, but yesterday I really struggled with hunger.  I'm debating eating just one at breakfast and having the other later if I do get hungry.)
Lunch:  Rockfish healthy menu, cup of gumbo, scallops, new potatoes & asparagus. 
Snack:  Yogurt
Dinner:  Crab legs (yum!)
Snack:  Grapes

If I can stick to this plan, it will be one of the most successful Fridays I have had in a long time.  You know what else was a success?  Last night's sleep.  I had 94% efficiency which is super awesome for me. 

Today's Fitness Plan:
CrossFit:  Check!  I scaled the planned workout to 21-15-9 Thrusters 55# & Burpees.  I finished in 12:10.  It was brutal even scaled (to just over 1/2).  I was so impressed with the people that were doing it all (21-18-15-12-9-6-3).  Amazing.

I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm upset or giving up or anything of that sort.  I'm just trying to find the balance I want and be realistic about what I can reasonably expect from my efforts.

Hugs!

2 comments:

KajunDee said...

Our "balance" is ever changing & needs periodic tweaking to keep it going.

Kathy said...

It's great that you're really looking at what is right for you. I work with high school kids and right now many seniors are in the stage of what college they should pick after graduation and why. They want to discuss every aspect of whether they should go in this direction or that. At the end of the day, however, it's all about what feels right. I know you'll make the right decision for yourself, one step at a time :-)