Ladybug

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I won my diet bet!!

I weighed before I went to bed last night and based on that, I did not think I would win.  I thought I would be about a half pound over.  I got up this morning for CrossFit and took a quick peek.  I did it!  I got off and weighed again just to be sure.  It was the same!  Woohoo!

So, I jumped off the scale, grabbed my phone and went to the app to check in.  I had ALL sorts of trouble.  I submitted the wrong weight at least twice in my haste.  Finally, I got on the app where I needed to be.  I moved the scale in front of the phone and hopped on it.  Suddenly, I had gained almost a full pound.  Uh...hell no.

This is when my scale decides to go crazy??  I know moving it was part of the problem but I had to be in front of the mirror.  After re-trying about 15x, it finally showed the original weight, but by the time I could snap the pictures, it disappeared.  Ugh.  After 15 more times, I finally got everything sent and submitted via the app.  Or so I thought.  When I hit the button, the screen just kind of disappeared.  When I went back, it showed my unverified weight from the last unofficial weigh in...not what I had just entered.  Son of a...

I tried again.  This time, instead of using the app, I used the actual website.  After another scale dance, I finally got the photos and got them submitted.  I even got an email saying that the pictures had been received.  Whew!  I'm just waiting for them to be verified.

By this time, it was too late to go to CrossFit which wasn't even that upsetting.  I was exhausted.  HA!  But then I started feeling guilty.  If it took that many times weighing, maybe I didn't really win and I was being dishonest.  With a big sigh, I hopped back on the scale (that had been moved back to its normal position) and I was another pound down.  Heh.  That made me feel a whole lot better.  It has been a very long time since I have succeeded with a weight loss goal.  It feels good.

This worked for me so well that I have started another one.  This one lasts 6 months and you have to lose 10% of your body weight.  There is a weigh in each month and they break it down this way:
  • Month 1 - 3%
  • Month 2 - 3% (6% cumulative)
  • Month 3 - 2% (8% cumulative)
  • Month 4 - 1% (9% cumulative)
  • Month 5 - 1% (10% cumulative)
  • Month 6 - maintain
This will keep me from procrastinating (hopefully!) like I did this past year with my 40 by 40 challenge.  If I am successful with this challenge, I will be back where I was prior to my plastic surgery and only a few pounds from my lowest weight ever as an adult.  I will keep you posted!  A coworker is doing this one with me too so that it extra support and motivation.  She won today's bet as well!!

Also, I'm wearing a new dress that I bought over the weekend and I feel great!  Again, I don't think the picture does it justice, but here it is:
Hugs!


3 comments:

Laura Belle said...

Great job!!!!! I knew you could do it! And you look FAB!

Connie O said...

Congratulations! That must be a huge morale-booster and motivator. Keep up the good work!

I love the dress. It looks great in the photo, and I can imagine that it is even cuter in real life.

Vanessa said...

Congrats!!!!!!!