Ladybug

Monday, May 5, 2014

I broke my streak...maybe.

After four straight weeks of loss, I gained 6 tenths this week.  As frustrated as that makes me, I'm holding out one possibility of redemption. 

On Saturday, I stood out in the sun for four hours volunteering with the fire department and the Fill the Boot campaign.  I was literally on the side of the road looking for money.  HA!  It was hot and I didn't have enough water.  Even though I drank a ton after, I just couldn't get rehydrated.  Last night I woke up several times during the night to go to the bathroom but I really didn't have to go.  I'm attempting to drown myself in water today to stave off any bladder infection or something like that. 

Anyway, my point is that my body could be retaining water.  If on Wednesday, I'm still 6 tenths up from last Wednesday, then I will own it.  Either way, I feel like this week is going to be a good one.

I have been sleeping terribly lately.  I'm not sure why it is so bad especially since I have lost some weight.  I truly felt that it would get better with each pound lost and that isn't happening.  I don't want to have to be in bed for 10 hours to get 7 hours sleep, so I have to figure out how to get better quality sleep. 

I have a tendency to drink tea at night, so I'm going to give that up.  It seems like a logical place to start.  I woke up before my CrossFit alarm this morning and thought...no.  I told myself that I would regret it, that I still had to work out later in the day, but it was to no avail.  I just couldn't drag myself out of bed.  Now, don't get me wrong.  It has never been easy for me to do the 6am workouts.  Every time I have to drag myself out of bed.  But lately, it has been much worse than normal.

Guilt can be a productive motivator though.  I switched my alarm to a later time and went back to sleep, or tried to anyway.  I only slept about 50% of it.  When I got up, I decided that I needed to gain something from missing CF because there wasn't that much extra sleep.  I did a few things around home that I would have had to do tonight.  Also, I got gas and picked up my dry cleaning on the way to work.  I also committed to myself to go to Jazzercise tonight and on the way, I have to stop and buy some things to send in a care package to my adopted soldier.  That is a lot of productivity that I probably wouldn't have had otherwise, so I'm glad I can turn it into a net positive. 

Tomorrow it is back to CrossFit, so call me out if I don't do it!

Hugs!

No comments: