Ladybug

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wednesday, 10/22

We had a blast at the Stars game last night! The seats were two rows from the ice and there was a lot of action. I don't know much about hockey, but I enjoyed myself immensely. I would say that my food choices were not bad, but I ate too much. I guess 1 of 2 is better than 0 of 2. Onward.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but this weekend I started getting a rash on my hips. At first I thought I had a mosquito bite, but then they started to multiply and then there were tons of little bumps. It started on Friday, but by this morning it just wasn't getting any better (plus, it itches like mo fo) and I just didn't feel well.

I went to the doctor and after going through the whole thing, he looks at me silently for a couple of beats. Then as straight faced as could be, he says "So, probably Ebola, huh?" It was hilarious. I know he couldn't make that joke with everyone (particularly in Dallas), but I cracked up. Anyway, it turns out that it appears to be an allergic reaction, most likely from something ingested (like a drug or food.) The only drugs I have taken this week were birth control, allergy meds & advil, all things I have taken often. So, it is probably food.

I have this sinking feeling that I have developed an allergy to peanut butter. Maybe not, but the last couple weeks, I have been eating a lot of it. I have been having a lot of band issues, but I'm also starting to think that might be part of the allergy reaction as well. I guess we will find out. It is treated with a steroid. He said that it could go away and never come back or it might pop up again at which time I will need to figure it out with my allergist. When I was tested 5 years ago, I had no food allergies, but just like anything else, that can change.

Anyway, I took something for my fever, but I'm still super hot. I hope that fades soon. And the itching. Really hope that fades soon anyway.

I guess it is always something, but I guess this really isn't that big of a thing. Just an annoyance. I would post a picture, but I'm not that mean. 

Hugs!

1 comment:

FritoBandito said...

The fever makes me suspect that it's not an allergic reaction...but I'm not a doctor. Have you had chicken pox? Those bumps usually start on the head and move down and I know you said they were just on your hips...but thought I would ask anyway.