Ladybug

Friday, February 13, 2015

TGIF

It's like I can feel the pollen in the air. Oh, allergies. I swear trees want to kill me. It's either allergies or the FedEx girl gave me the germs when she sneezed on me yesterday.

Fitness

Let's see, I think I have three excuses here for not running today at lunch...
  1.  My feet are killing me from Jazzercise last night. Really it is just the left foot/ankle. It isn't plantar fasciitis which I have battled before. I'm not really sure the problem, but the side to side motion in Jazzercise really angers it. (Which stinks because otherwise Jazzericse is super fun.)
  2. Allergies
  3. Work is really busy right now and I did use the time to work on some things that needed to be done. This isn't a real reason, just a silver lining, I guess.
Next week is going to present some challenges in this area. I'm Jazzercising tomorrow morning (morning seems better for my feet so it should be okay) and I'm really trying to convince myself that another Sunday morning run is in order. I will let you know how I do.

I have things to do two nights and 4 of the lunchtimes during the work week. That means I can run only once and go to yoga twice. That is not much for me at all.

Food

Even though I did not run at lunch today, I stayed in to eat. Friday night dinner is always a challenge, but tonight I'm going to my godmothers house for polenta. BFF & I have neither tried it so she wanted to make us some. She always cooks very healthy so it should be a win.

Last night I got my first shipment from Home Chef. They sent me a chocolate bar as a thank you. WTF? I did not eat it. I didn't even open it. I'm fixing the Pad Thai meal for BFF and myself on Saturday so maybe we can share some of the chocolate then. (Side note: BFF is scared of the Pad Thai and is bringing an alternative dinner in case she doesn't like it. Ha! The fact that she makes no bones about it and this does not bother me in the slightest shows you the level of our friendship.) My other two meals in the shipment are Truffled Mushroom Risotto and Swordfish Steaks. I will let you know how they turn out. I plan to make them both on Sunday to have for leftovers during the week.

I'm eating out Monday and Tuesday evenings so I have to rise to the challenge. But before I get there, I have to have a successful weekend.

Fashion

I was unable to get a snapshot of my outfit today, but I'm wearing this shirt from Gwynnie Bee:
The polka dots are actually hearts so it is great for Valentines day.

Here's to the freaking weekend! Hugs!

No comments: