Ladybug

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Being sick sucks.

This week has NOT started out the way that I expected. When last I posted, it was Sunday and I was preparing for a work trip to Maryland. I had a hard time getting to sleep, but that isn't unheard of for a Sunday. At midnight, I woke up terribly nauseated.

Now let me tell you, I DO NOT throw up. It has been about 10 years since it has happened. When I woke up, I tried to will it away, but it just wasn't happening. For about the next 6 hours, I spent between 3-4 of it in the bathroom at one point just laying on the floor trying not to pass out. It was absolutely horrible.

Around 6am, I realized there was no way I was getting on a plane and sent all the emails and phone calls needed to cancel my travel plans. I actually took a sick day from work and spent most of the day in bed. So ridiculous.

I'm better today, although I still have a low grade fever so I'm working from home trying to keep from passing it on to my coworkers. I'm hoping that it fades by the afternoon so I can go into the office because I'm not a fan of sitting around home by myself.

I'm drinking Gatorade and eating soup and saltines. I'm guessing that will be the plan for the next couple of days. Hopefully by Thursday, I will be back to normal.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

There is sooo much stuff going around! SUCKS. Feel better!

Bonnie said...

That is such a bummer. When you reschedule your business trip, let me know where in Maryland you are coming. Maybe we can get together. I live right over MD line in New Freedom, PA. I work in Towson, MD.

Lori said...

Don't push yourself. This stomach bug is wicked and doesn't give up easily.
Lori

Tracey@bariatricfoodforlife.com said...

Yuck. Feel better soon.

The Happy Whisk said...

Bummer. Glad to hear you stayed home, rather than pass it along to others.