Ladybug

Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Rambles

I'm finally feeling better and am looking for normalcy to come back to me. However, things are super crazy at the moment. Sadly, my uncle passed away this weekend. He had been through rough times and he is in a better place, but it is never easy to say goodbye. Plus, I know it is particularly difficult for my dad.

Additionally, the funeral is in the Indianapolis area Easter weekend which also happens to be Final Four weekend. I ended up deciding to fly into Louisville instead. Getting a hotel has also been challenging. I actually accidentally booked a hotel in North Carolina. Oops. Glad I could cancel!!

The silver lining, as with most funerals, I will get to see family. Since I'm flying into Louisville, I will get to see my nephews and niece which makes me very happy. Plus, there will be various cousins at the funeral and that will be nice.

Food

Breakfast - Home Chef Breakfast Scramble (This was awesome because I received enough for two big portions that I was able to separate into 4 smaller ones.)
Lunch - Plated Shepherd's Pie (I actually tried a couple of Plated meals this week and I will say that this was freaking awesome.)
Snack - It was Dessert Monday at work, so I had some Banana pudding.
Dinner - Plated Cod with potatoes (I have Home chef steak or pork loin as options as well, but I figure I should probably eat the fish first...)

Fitness

I ran at lunch. It was my first exercise since getting sick last week. It felt pretty good. I ran slow, but I did run the whole thing.

Fashion

My Gwynnie shirt is too dark to see in a picture today, but just know I look awesome. :-)

I'm a little blah today, but I think I didn't sleep well last night. I'm sure tomorrow I will feel better. I am feeling quite loved today though. I had several friends in Indy offer up rooms or their houses for me to stay which was so sweet. I got several emails, texts and messages and a friend even sent flowers, which was totally above and beyond. Sometimes you just realize how blessed you are, you know?

I'm planning to get a charm bracelet with the names of my nephews, niece and godsons. Which one do you all like better:


 Hugs!

5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry to read of the news, but glad to read that you feel loved.

:-)

Gwen said...

I'm so very sorry about your family's loss. :(

Looks like you are doing well overall...sorry, though, that you didn't sleep well last night.

p.s. my blog has moved. I'd appreciate changing it on your blog roll to:

https://thesunnycoconut.wordpress.com/

Thanks!

Amy W. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I wish you safe travels though. I slept like a rock last night but I am still in a funky mood this morning. I am tempted to close my office blinds and door but when I do that people freak out because I usually pretend to be bubbly. I just can't muster it today though. I will blame my period.

Lori said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

I like the second bracelet better.
Lori

Sarah said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle... Will send prayers your way, sweet lady!

Love the idea of the bracelet. The first one is my favorite.

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com