Ladybug

Friday, May 15, 2015

Well, It's Something

Yesterday was tons of fun! We went to the Nelly, TLC and NKOTB concert last night and had a blast!






I felt a little old, but who cares?! The TLC and NKOTB songs really took me back.

When I woke up this morning, I hopped on the scale and that little bloat that I had at the beginning of the week is still there. I had to accept that it might not be bloat, but actual weigh gain. Damn it. So, I packed my workout clothes and some lunch. I "always" go out with my friends for Friday lunch, but I told myself that obviously I have to make a few tough choices for a while.

My lunch was one of my Home Chef meals. It was an Asian BBQ pork chop with a soba noodle cold salad. At least it tasted good. My friends went to Mattito's and had Bob's dip. As much as I wanted it, I knew I would eat way too much and be sad. I went downstairs to the gym and I power walked while I listened to episode 2 of Undisclosed. Side note: if you listened to Serial, you need to listen to Undisclosed! So boring lunch, but I'm not mad at myself.

After work I'm driving to Ft. Worth to see a friend and her new baby. It will be great to see them, but man, that will be a long drive home!

My goal for tomorrow is to run farther/longer than I did last weekend. I bought an arm band for my phone, so I'm going to test out using it instead of my shuffle. I like the idea of using a running app, but I don't know if I will like it or not. Stay tuned.

The regional competitions of the CrossFit games have started and one of them is within walking distance of my apartment. I'm hoping to hook up with some old friends and stop in, but we will see.

Have a great weekend! Hugs!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Concerts are so much fun! Looking forward to hearing how your armband works. I want to try out some stuff to track exercise and hopefully give me some motivation. I've started using MyFitnessPal to track food and I love it.