Ladybug

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Vacation Wrap Up and Weekly Accountability

Things have been crazy busy, so buckle up!!

Let's start with Weekly Accountability:

Loss this week - 2.2 pounds
Total Loss since revision - 33.8 pounds
Total Loss from highest - 79.8 pounds

This is actually for two weeks. I lost 2.4 pounds last week and then was up .2 this week after my vacation. I'm okay with that.

So right before the holiday weekend, I got my hair cut. The plan was to be able to make it funky on the weekends but wear it more conservatively during the weekend. However, I like it WAY more funky-like so I have just been wearing it that way. My only issue is that if I'm not wearing makeup, I feel a little masculine.

 The stylist did it on the left and I wish I could recreate it better. I'm sure it will take practice. The right side is with it flat. It is okay, but a little short for my taste to wear it that way.

I spent Memorial weekend with my brother's family in Louisville. My parents went as well and we stayed in a hotel not too far away. My oldest nephew graduated and was a speaker at the ceremony. It was just fantastic! I love him so much, I just can't even say.


You can see in this picture I did my own hair. It is a little less sculpted than when the stylist did it. I'm sure I will get better at it!

My younger nephew left for camp and to say he was excited is a massive understatement. This kid LOVES camp. I think he would live outside if he could. He is going to be my world traveler someday and I love it!


 Then there is my niece.


She finally took a normal picture with me right before I left. The rest have faces or we are snapchat filter dogs. You know how it goes. She is 12 going on 25 and she rounds out my love trifecta.


I even took a picture with my brother. I can't tell you the last time we took a picture together just the two of us. He smoked pork and salmon while we were there and it was amazeballs. The guy will be ready for a grilling competition soon!


We went to Churchill Downs for the races on Saturday. It was a lot of fun!

I managed to get a workout while I was in KY too. See the difference without makeup? I'm not a fan. I just feel like I look manly. I'm sure I will get used to it.



While I was in Louisville, BFF was busy with Olympic prep. I can't believe we are leaving for Rio in 70 days!!!


And finally, I started back to CrossFit this morning after an 8 month hiatus. Today was a little lighter than normal because worldwide, Memorial day is a really tough workout. It was a good day for me to dip my toes back into the water. We did a lot of mobility work and stretching. We also worked on our front squats which was good for me. I went light, 45# which is the bar with baby weights, but I feel like my form was good.

The workout was:

21-15-9
Deadlifts (85# which was probably just right for me today.)
Box Jumps (I did step ups instead of jumps, but I did that before too. The boxes are big at this gym.)

So...I'm ready to go back tomorrow!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend.

Hugs!

2 comments:

Lori said...

There is nothing like nieces and nephews! LOVE!!!

You're hair is cute. I like it better funky too. There might be a bit of a masculine appearance without make up but only in the face. From the neck down, you're a girl.

I saw collarbones in some of those pictures. Good for you.
Lori

The Happy Whisk said...

Your new hair is great. Love the spiky fun. As for the makeup, seriously, you don't even need it. But that's me looking at you, not you looking at you. Either way, sounds like you're rockin' this thing out.

Cheers and boogie boogie.